Some of our favorite recipes are the tried and true, already loved recipes turned into something new.
That’s how these Carrot Cake Cookies came about!
If you love carrot cake, you will love these cookies. And, it’s another box mix to start off the process, because we like making things quick and easy…cause we’re all so busy!
After you make these, no one will even know it started off as a box.
This recipe has 2 main steps: making the cookies, and making the icing.
Here’s how you do it:
• 15oz Box Carrot Cake Mix (this post uses Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Mix, but grab your favorite or the one that’s on sale!)
• 2 Eggs
• 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
• 1/2 Crushed Walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
• 8oz Whipped Cream Cheese
• 1 TBS Vanilla
• 2 Tsp Milk
• 1/4 Cup Butter
• 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Making The Cookies:
1. Empty Carrot Cake Mix into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add Walnuts
3. Pour in melted butter.
4. Crack two eggs and mix well.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls.
7. Place on non-stick baking sheet or lay out a piece of parchment paper and place on top of that.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until cookies are set.
Making The Icing:
9. While cookies are baking, pour powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla & butter into a bowl to make your frosting.
Finishing It Off:
10. Take cookies out of the oven and frost and sprinkle away.
11. Serve & enjoy!!!