This s’mores pizza is the classic campfire favorite treat reinvented and, there we say it, improved! A super soft cookie based baked in a skillet and topped with lots of chocolate, fluffy marshmallows and all the graham cracker crumbs. Serve it over ice cream or just eat it by itself, this will become a total family favorite.
I’m pretty sure we all love s’mores. The sticky marshmallow and the messy melted chocolate sandwiched between 2 super crunchy graham crackers is probably one of our favorite campfire treats. This s’mores pizza has all of those things and then some more.
Think a sweet, cookie like pizza crust topped with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows + more chocolate chunks and then baked until everything is golden brown and so yummy.
How to Make a Sweet Pizza Crust
The star of this recipe is honestly the sweet pizza crust. It’s like if pizza dough had a child with a chocolate chip cookie. It’s crunchy but also slightly soft in the middle. It’s sweet enough to be delicious on it’s own but mild enough to hold all the topping without giving a sugar rush.
Also don’t forget to check out this delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
And it’s so easy to make than even the little ones can do it, so that makes this recipe the perfect afternoon project or weekend activity. I’m pretty sure everyone will love the chance to make and create their very own s’mores pizza.
- To make the sweet pizza crust you start by mixing butter and sugars together.
- Then add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. You can either use a mixer or a spatula, this recipe is super forgiving.
- And finally use a spatula to incorporate the flour.
- I also like to refrigerate the dough for 1 hour before baking it to enhance the flavors but if you are short on time or just crave your s’mores pizza now, not later. You can totally skip that step.
- ½ Cup butter
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Cups chocolate, chopped
- 1 Cup marshmallows, mini or chopped
- ½ Cup graham crackers, crushed
In a bowl beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly incorporate flour and cornstarch and mix until incorporated.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate flavors.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press the dough firmly into the skillet and take to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
Add 1 ½ cups chopped chocolate and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Add graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows and return again to the oven for 7 minutes or until the marshmallow is slightly melted and golden.
Remove from the oven and top with the remaining chopped chocolate.