On Keto this Valentine’s Day and sad about missing your sweets?! Try out our awesome Keto red velvet chocolate chip cookies!
With only 1.2 net carbs per cookie, this is a delicious treat to help curb your sweet tooth.
1 1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Pyure Stevia Blend
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 tsp red food coloring (photos show using 2 tsp)
2-1/2 cups Carbquik
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1 cup ChocZero White Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and Pyure sweetener until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg, extract and food coloring.
4. In another bowl, whisk Carbquik, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add and beat into the creamed mixture.
5. Add half of the white chocolate chips and stir with a spoon to incorporate. Note: if you don’t want to add chips to the top of your cookies later, stir in all chocolate chips now.
6. Shape dough into 1 1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets.
7. Spray 3″ heart-shaped cookie cutter with non-stick spray.
8. Place cookie cutter over one dough ball. Using your finger press dough out to evenly fill the cookie cutter.
9. After every few cookies, clean off cookie cutter and spray again with non-stick spray.
10. Bake 12-15 minutes.
11. Remove baking sheets from the oven and add remaining chips to the top of each cookie. Lightly press in place.
12. Move cookies to cooling racks and let cool completely before serving.
Serve and Enjoy!
Store covered and chilled.
- Pyure can be replaced with your favorite sugar replacement. You will need to use the equivalent of 1 cup of regular sugar. For example, if you prefer to use Swerve Sweetener or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener you would use 1 cup in this recipe.
- Carbquik can be replaced with an equal amount of almond flour. Note that this will increase the fat and calories in the cookies, and they will be flatter than in the photos.