Nothing like celebrating with some fireworks on the Fourth of July! How about making a firework cake for the festivities! This Firework Sheet Cake is an easy way to bring a great dish to your patriotic bbq.
We’re making this super easy and using a boxed cake mix! If you want to stick to the red, white, and blue theme, I recommend going with a red velvet cake.
But of course, you can always mix up this cake and do whatever colors you’d like. It’s just time for Red, White & Blue here. Plus, the frosting on top makes it look like a fun firework display!
Pair this with these delicious 4th of July Frozen Yogurt Popsicles for an extra special treat.
Red velvet cake mix; We used Duncan Hines
1 C water
1/3 C canola oil
3 large eggs
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
½ C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
2 C powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Red and Blue gel food coloring
1 large piping bag with star tip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 cake pan; set aside
2. Using a hand mixer and large bowl; mix the cake mix, water, eggs and oil until combined.
3. Pour batter into the pan and cook in the oven for 24-30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean
Once cake is baked set aside to cool completely.
Vanilla Frosting Directions:
1. Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and stiff with peaks.
2. Scoop ½ C of frosting into two bowls
3. Using remaining white frosting, spread evenly onto the cooled cake.
4. Mix in a few drops of red gel into one bowl and the blue gel into the second
5. Scoop the red frosting onto one side of the piping bag and scoop the blue frosting onto the other side of the piping bag
6. Pipe stars onto the top of the white frosting
7. Sprinkle patriotic sprinkles