In a galaxy far, far away….
They have this amazing and tasty popcorn perfect for your Star Wars, space or alien party!
Make this awesome galaxy popcorn for your next Star Wars adventure movie night, or just to find a new and fun recipe to make with your kids!
Galaxy Popcorn Recipe
This galaxy popcorn is so fun to make, and really, you can change up the colors and flavors to make it any theme you’d like!
Our favorite thing about this popcorn is that it’s made with totally different flavors than you are probably use to eating in a popcorn snack.
If you want a strawberry or watermelon flavor, all you have to do is switch up the jello packets, and make your own creations!
- 3 oz Box of Grape Jell-O
- 3 oz Box of Berry Blue Jell-O
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Corn Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 7 Cups of Plain White Popped Popcorn
- ¼ Cup Wilton’s Black Melting Discs
- Edible Gold Stars
- Silver Sugar
Galaxy Popcorn Directions
1. In a medium size saucepan, mix together 1 box of Jell-O, sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat until it reaches a boil, making sure to stir constantly.
2. Remove from stovetop and carefully pour mixture over popcorn. This part is easier if your popcorn is in a large bowl, so you have plenty of room. Quickly mix the popcorn with a spoon until all the pieces are evenly coated. *Be careful, the mixture is very hot and could burn you.
3. Pour popcorn onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving spaces in-between the pieces.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other box of Jell-O and spoon on the finished popcorn pieces where you left open areas of the other flavor popcorn. This will give the popcorn a blended look.
5. Melt black discs according to package directions. Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle on the silver sugar and gold stars.
6. Let dry for about 15 minutes and then serve!