Can’t go out right now to get your favorite donuts? How about making your own?! These cinnamon sugar donuts are the perfect addition to your morning coffee, and you can even opt to add a bit of bourbon in your glaze topping!
We’re making these donuts super simple for you, that the dough is already pre-made! That’s right, all you need is to get a tube of Grand Biscuits and the hard part is already done for you!
Easy recipes is what we are all needing right now, as we can’t find much in stores for the time being, and who wants to hunt for all the specialty ingredients anyway.
You are going to love how super simple these donuts are, that you’ll want to make these every weekend!
Yields: 8 donuts
Ingredients for Donuts
Canola oil (for frying)
8 count Pillsbury Original Grand Biscuits
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Ingredients for the Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon bourbon
1 Tablespoon apple cider (optional) or water
DIRECTIONS FOR THE DONUTS
1. In a medium bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. Pour enough oil in a frying pan to cover the bottom. Heat under medium temperature.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the canister of biscuits and lay out the 8 biscuits on the baking sheet.
3. Using a doughnut cutter, cut a hole out of the middle of each biscuit.
4. Fry the doughnuts in the hot oil for approximately one minute on each side.
5. Dust each hot doughnut in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place back on the baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes before applying glaze.
Directions for the Glaze
1. Add the powdered sugar and apple cider (or water) and whisk to mix. Add the bourbon and mix well. If the glaze is too thick, add more cider or water. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
2. Drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts.
That’s it! Easy peasy donuts that the whole family will love! We’re off to make these now!