Pumpkin season is coming, and these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes are everything you could dream of! Your favorite PSL in a cupcake?! Yes, please!
We’re gonna get these delicious cupcakes going with a cake mix to make it easy, but we’re going to jazz it up a bit so it’s much better than a box mix! Follow along, and you’ll be the neighborhood favorite in no time!
Of course we’re topping them off with our favorite cream cheese frosting!
-1 box of Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 C. unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
-1/2 C. whole milk
-1/2 C. sour cream
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 C. strong coffee*
Cream Cheese Frosting:
-8 oz. cream cheese
-1/2 C. butter, room temperature
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-4-5 C. powdered sugar
-Straws and pumpkin pie spice for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Combine cake mix, butter, eggs. milk, cinnamon, vanilla, sour cream in a large standing mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Stir in coffee (*make it as strong as you want your “latte” cupcakes to be).
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Let cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Beat cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until thickened.
2. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and top with a straw.