The Grinch is one of our favorite Christmas movies of all time! We hosted a fun Grinch themed Christmas party complete with all the best Grinch foods we could find. These Grinch Snowball Cookies would be the perfect fit!
Not only are these cookies tasty, but they are the perfect Christmas themed treat to bring to any Christmas party, or use as your cookie exchange! Filled with your favorite nuts and flavorings, (this recipe calls for pecans and dried cranberries) you can mix up the ingredients inside with whatever you’d like! Try chocolate chips and walnuts too!
-1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
-1/2 C powder sugar, (plus 1 C to roll sugar in)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 1/4 C flour
-1/4 tsp salt
-3-5 drops of kelly green food coloring
-1/2 C chopped pecans
-1/3 cup chopped, dried cranberries
-1 contianer of wilton confetti heart sprinkles, using only the reds
-1/4 C melted white chocolate
-1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
-1 disposable piping bag
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a standing mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Gradually mix in the flour, salt, and food coloring
4. Mix in chopped pecans and dry cranberries
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place onto the baking sheet
6. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
7. While cookies are baking melt the white chocolate
8. Once chocolate is melted, pour into piping bag and cut the tip off
9. Remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar.
10. Pipe on a tiny dollop of chocolate onto the top middle of the cookies and place a red heart onto the chocolate
Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!